Tuesday, March 29, 2011

5k hey hey

The greatest challenge is myself. Breaking through the mental barrier and getting back on the schedule. It used to be no problem getting up at 5:50am to make a 6:30am session, but lately it is quite the issue.

Went to bootcamp tonight and holy heck. It is so evident when I am not consistent w/ these sessions. I made it through the intense cardio/strength 30min and actually was the first to complete it- but I was hurting. Thankfully I am just more motivated by it and want to do better. It really is a theraputic release as well- I'm not usually a fan of going after work, but I had a lot on my mind so it was fantastic for 30 min to just be about me.

Okay so I need do something else that I always love- a 5k. Not doing the River Run this year was disappointing, but I knew I was not ready for it. Races are not cheap, so spending the $$ on something I didn't feel confident in, didn't feel right.

So looking through the Jacksonville Running Event Guide- this Saturday's Run For Cover 5k it is. I just realized that is the last 5k I did, a year ago. UG!!!! Geeze, one year later. And also, that is the one I got my best time on ever. Man, well this will be a great reality check. Anyone down? It starts and finishes in Riverside Park- 6pm. Do it!

I wasn't able to get the music down today, but here are some new album recomendations to add to your workout tunes!

Lupe Fiasco- Lasers
Britney Spears- Femme Fatal

KRB

No comments:

Post a Comment